Mr. Glady practice includes a broad range of subject matters as clients have asked him to assist them in a number of diverse matters over his thirty-two year career. Able to assist clients in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, Mr. Glady has won the confidence of his clients by addressing legal challenges and disputes ranging from realizing business opportunities to resolving claims for personal injuries. He has accomplished that result by bringing keen legal insight as well as common sense to each new legal challenge, as well as an abiding concern for each client’s unique situation.
His experience extends to matters that touch upon most aspects of businesses, from formation to protection of assets to contractual issues to employment concerns to dispute resolution. He brings a technical background and understanding that is especially useful for entities and individuals whose business interests include innovation. And his knowledge and understanding of the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights provide all clients with the security that their assets will profit them without interference by third parties.
Mr. Glady’s practice has also includes extensive experience in the courtroom. He has represented both corporate and individual clients in state and federal courts, as well as before state and federal regulatory and administrative agencies. Matters he has handled run the gamut from airplane and other vehicle mishaps to insurance disputes to product liability claims to fights over contract obligations. He has been involved in patent and trademark litigation, business divorces, environmental disputes, and employment claims. He has tried cases to juries and judges, but also resolved cases early on when appropriate. A dogged advocate for his clients, he also understands his role as advisor as well, so that each client dispute in which he gets involved is handled in a way to serve the client’s best interests.
Insurance coverage regarding business and personal risks; personal injury (both plaintiff and defense); aviation; patent, trademark, and copyright; business issues and disputes; internet issues; product liability; employment; environmental; professional malpractice defense; and construction law.
Mr. Glady is highly experienced and respected regarding insurance coverage matters. He has been involved with insurance coverage matters for almost 30 years. He acts as national counsel for a New York based insurance company for all of its environmental coverage matters. He has acted as a lead counsel in a coverage dispute involving over a billion dollars of claims. He has been asked by numerous national, international and foreign companies to assist with insurance matters. He has also been asked to assist with insurance language drafting. Because of his work with policies ranging back to the 1920s, he has amassed a significant body of knowledge and documents regarding the evolution of policy language and its interpretation that assists clients seeking to understand how policy language applies to any set of facts. Mr. Glady’s practice is not limited to representing insurers, as he has also assisted many policyholders in successfully presenting claims to insurers. He also assists both insurers and insureds when claims of bad faith arise and are litigated. He is a regular lecturer on insurance issues for businesses, professional and the construction industry.
- Acted as a lead counsel in a coverage dispute between a Fortune 100 company and its insurers regarding a billion dollars’ worth of claims at sites around the United States and territories. Matter settled on very favorable terms for the insurer.
- Represented an insurer involving over 1600 individual injury claims arising from alleged exposure to toxic substances. Matter settled on very favorable terms for the insurer.
- Represented an entity going through reorganization in its claim against its Directors and Officers insurer. Obtained a settlement for twice the policy limit.
- Represented an insurer in a lawsuit involving alleged medical malpractice aboard a medical transport aircraft. Matter settled on very favorable terms for the insurer.
- Represented a religious organization in a coverage dispute with multiple carriers over alleged abuse claims. Matter settled for coverage at full limits.
- Represented a major insurer in a significant coverage lawsuit with a developer over alleged construction defects. Matter settled on very favorable terms for the insurer.
- Assisted a carrier in its revision of its liability policies to plain language versions.
- Advises and represents insurers regarding asbestos claims.
- Advises and represents insurers and businesses regarding insurance issues related to the construction industry.
Over his career, Mr. Glady’s background as an Aerospace/Mechanical engineer has equipped him to conduct significant legal work for aviation clients. He has represented manufacturers, airlines, retailers, repair stations, storage yards, owners, and pilots in compliance and litigation matters. Much of this work has been complex tort and commercial litigation, including multi-state and wrongful death claims. Mr. Glady has also represented airports in various matters, including safety, security, operational and environmental issues.
As the development and use of unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs”) (also called “drones”) has skyrocketed, Mr. Glady has been asked to advise and represent clients on issues ranging from licensing/compliance to potential liability to proper usage. Mr. Glady has also been called upon by a number of groups and organizations to teach their members about federal rules and regulations governing UAVs, as well as discuss potential future uses and the legal issues such uses might involve. Mr. Glady constantly monitors UAV innovation to keep himself and his clients up-to-date on the many entrepreneurial opportunities that promise to dramatically change many aspects of life and commerce.
- Successful defense of airliner manufacturer for passenger wrongful death and injury claims related to New Zealand crash.
- Successful defense of small aircraft manufacturer after crash at Scottsdale Airport.
- Successful defense of component manufacturer against wrongful death claims brought in connection with Turkish crash of police helicopter.
- Favorable result from defense of fixed base operator after fatal crash of light aircraft.
- Representation of airline after fatal crash in Denver.
- Representation of airline after fatal crash in Dallas.
- Successful defense of airport in personal injury claim involving passenger boarding plane.
- Successful representation of aircraft storage yard after subsequent failure of component returned to service from storage.
- Favorable result from defense of pilot before the FAA.
- Favorable result from representation of Tucson Airport in alleged police abuse case.
- Part of legal team assisting the City of Phoenix with the airport people mover project.
Mr. Glady has conducted patentability and clearance searches, prepared patent applications and worked with inventors in obtaining patent protection for their ideas. Mr. Glady counsels clients regarding IP matters and works with inventors, entrepreneurs and companies to investigate and obtain when appropriate patent, trademark and copyright protection. He also assists clients in the enforcement of intellectual property rights, obtaining injunctions and judgments when justified. He has also successfully defended individuals and companies improperly charged with violations of intellectual property rights of others.
- Obtained and successfully enforced a patent involving a flexible fueling neck for automobiles.
- Successfully defended a large warehouse club and a utility knife manufacturer against patent infringement claims involving another manufacturer who had never previously lost an enforcement action.
- Successfully enforced patent rights regarding a backyard pool design, including payment of past damages and the preparation of a license for future sales.
- Successfully defended a large corporation against patent infringement claims involving Y2K issues.
- Successfully enforced patents rights for an inventor whose business partners attempted to take his rights away.
- Successfully prosecuted a trademark and trade secret case against a former employee of a large Phoenix door retailer and installer.
- Successfully defended an aftermarket auto parts manufacturer against claims of trademark and trade dress infringement.
- Successfully enforced trademark and copyright rights involving a national seafood restaurant chain.
- Represented software designer in licensing negotiations.
Mr. Glady has extensive experience handling toxic tort and environmental litigation cases. Some representative matters include:
- A groundwater pollution case involving a large municipal water supply and 1800+ plaintiffs seeking $35 million dollars. The case settled for pennies on the dollar
- Pollution matters involving airports around the country
- Leaking UST’s associated with gas stations
- Glady represented the City of Phoenix for a number of condemnation matters where the city had to deal with assorted businesses that had contaminated soil and water through the release of fuel, solvents and chemicals
- He has handled cases involving the TCE plumes in Scottsdale and Phoenix
- He has worked with clients on matters involving allegations of improper disposal of toxic materials, such as asbestos pipes, paint sludge and car batteries
- He has dealt with regulatory agencies on air, soil and water contamination issues